Sunday 1 January 2017

MONTHLY READS - DECEMBER

Hello! Welcome to 2016's last monthly reads.

First of all, I wish you all the very best in 2017. I hope you all find what you're looking for this year, that you find who and what you love. That you spend many amazing moments with your loved ones, that you see many beautiful sunsets, read lots of great books, continue doing what you love and that you all make peace with yourselves. May this year be all that 2016 wasn't.

Secondly, I wanted to thank you guys for sticking up with me even though I haven't been active at all in these past few months. These are indeed the hard times. :-) I'm not dead, I'm just really trying to focus on school this year since I'm graduating in few months time and I'm also trying to get my lazy ass to a university. I myself hope I'll have more time for blogging in the months to come but until then, here's a really short list of books I managed to read in December.


Leigh Bardugo
Genre: YA fantasy
First published: 2015
Pages: 462
Language: English
Type: paperback 

Rating: 5/5

Let me tell you something guys. The moment I finished the book, I placed an order for the sequel, Crooked Kingdom. I'm not even joking, it's that good. I promise you, reading this YA fantasy is so worth it. The world building is absolutely incredible, the plot twist will hit you like a cannonball, the characeters are complex and you're going to love them, laugh with them, cry with them and long for more time spent with them. Bargudo's work is absolutely unbelievable. Go and read this.


Cecelia Ahern
Genre: novel
First published: 2005
Pages: 400
Language: English
Type: paperback

Rating: 3/5

I was given this book as a gift from my great friend because she herself absolutely adored it and thought that I just had to read it. And it was a nice read. This book about imaginary friends who change people's life was great, I liked the way Elizabeth changed under the influence of Ivan. Just make sure to bring a few packs of tissues with you when reading this, you'll need them.



Also, how was Christmas for you? Did you find any great books under the Christmas tree? And do you have any resolutions for 2017? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Káťo, moc na Tebe myslím a držím palce. Už se nám fakt stýská! Ať se Ti rok 2017 vydaří úplně nejlépe, ať vše zvládneš a ať jsi šťastná. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stejně jako Kristýnka ti přeji jen to nejlepší, ať se daří ve škole, v životě a tak vůbec :) Na tvé články si rády počkáme a budeme ti držet palce, ať ta maturita a následná přihláška na vysokou dopadnou podle tvých představ :)
    Měj se krásně ♥

    ReplyDelete